
While Jed's Mom was here she watched "Man vs Wild" with the kids. The boys love this show, especially the parts where he eats crazy things like spiders, snakes, alligator, etc. As they were watching Owen said that if he had a chocolate covered bug, he would just peel off the chocolate and eat it. Of course none of us, including Grandma Nila, believed him. So, on Monday we received a package from Grandma Nila. In it were chocolate covered bugs (yes, real ones), lolly pops with critters (including one with a scorpion) in them and Salted Crickets. Wouldn't you know it...the boys actually ate the chocolate covered bugs and Owen joined the Young Men from our church (who happened to be having an activity at our house) in eating a cricket! I literally was shocked. You could not have paid me to do that!!!! Thanks for the gross fun Grandma...they sure proved us wrong!
Side Note: Owen threw up at school today. He said, "I never should have eaten that cricket" with a little smile. Somehow I think it is the virus going around, but it sure is fun for a seven year old to blame it on bug eating!
2 comments:
Ellie says, "EWWWW Gross!"
Weston says, "COOL!"
I love Bizarre foods with Andrew Zimmerman. He eats bugs, and other nasty things around the world. This still gags me though. Boys....
Post a Comment